Inter Pipeline is proud to be named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the first time in the company’s history. Canada’s Top 100 Employers is a special designation that recognizes employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional employee programs and policies.
“I could not be more proud to be a part of the Inter Pipeline team that achieved this special designation for the first time in our company’s history. We are honoured to be recognized by Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Today we celebrate the hard working and dedicated people at this company who make this a great place to work each and every day.”Brian Baker, President & Chief Executive Officer, Inter Pipeline
“I feel valued, listened to and well compensated for what I do. If you want to advance your career, you’ve got the support to do that,” said Kyle Hiebert, Electrical Technician at Inter Pipeline’s field office in Brooks, Alberta. “I feel really proud and lucky to work at Inter Pipeline.”
Canada’s Top 100 – Selection Criteria
The editors at Top Employers grade employers on eight criteria, which have remained consistent since the project’s inception in 1999. This includes:
- Physical workplace
- Work atmosphere & social
- Health, financial & family benefits
- Vacation & time off
- Employee communications
- Performance management
- Training & skills development
- Community involvement
Detailed ‘reasons for selection’ alongside the full list of 2023 winners were announced November 18, 2022 in a special magazine published in The Globe and Mail in print and online. View the full list of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Why Inter Pipeline was Selected as a Top 100 Employer
The editors release their detailed Reasons for Selection explaining why each of this year’s winners was chosen. Their reasons for selecting Inter Pipeline as a Top 100 Employer includes:
- Inter Pipeline maintains a corporate community investment committee to align charitable opportunities with funds dedicated to the community investment budget — the company’s primary charitable program, Inter Pipeline Cares Fund (iCare) targets organizations that support the vulnerable or underserved in its Canadian operating areas by addressing the basic societal needs of food, shelter, and wellness
- Inter Pipeline’s family-friendly benefits include maternity and parental leave top-up for new mothers (to 100 per cent of salary for up to 16 weeks), and parental leave top-up for new fathers and adoptive parents (to 100 per cent of salary for up to eight weeks) — additionally, the organization offers up to 12 paid “flex days” to help employees balance work and family commitments
- Inter Pipeline offers professional development opportunities for individuals at all stages of their careers, from formal mentoring and online training programs for current employees, to paid internships and summer student roles for those just starting out
View IPL’s Reasons for Selection for more details.
A special-edition magazine co-published by the Globe and Mail and Mediacorp is filled with exceptional stories and images of this year’s winners. In the feature, our own Kyle Hiebert, Electrical Technician at Inter Pipeline’s field office in Brooks, Alberta shared why he feels proud and lucky to work for Inter Pipeline. Breanne Oliver, Vice President, People and Stakeholder Relations, additionally shared a few reasons for what sets Inter Pipeline apart, from our “work hard, play hard and take care of each other” culture to our competitive benefits and comprehensive training programs.
The Globe and Mail reaches millions of readers in print and online, and this year’s magazine is the largest in the competition’s history. Click here to read the Inter Pipeline feature on page 44.
Background Information on Top Employers
Founded in 1992, Mediacorp Canada Inc. is the nation’s largest publisher of employment periodicals. Since 1999, the Toronto-based publisher has managed the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, which includes 18 regional and special-interest editorial competitions that reach millions of Canadians annually through a variety of magazine and newspaper partners, including The Globe and Mail. Mediacorp also operates Eluta.ca, one of Canada’s largest job search engines, which reaches over two million job-seekers annually and features exclusive editorial reviews from the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project.
Working With Us
At Inter Pipeline, we proudly offer our employees further advancement in their careers in a way that is not often found at larger organizations.
At Inter Pipeline, we are always on the lookout for diverse talent to join our fast-growing team. Apply today!
By engaging with the communities we operate in, Inter Pipeline supports programs and initiatives that are committed to building a self-sustaining legacy.
Inter Pipeline is a world-scale energy infrastructure engaged in the transportation, processing and storage of energy products across Western Canada & Europe.