Careers at Inter Pipeline
Advance your career with Inter Pipeline
Providing an environment that fosters the development of our employees is integral to the success of Inter Pipeline. We are proud to offer employees the chance to establish and advance their careers in a way that is not often found at larger organizations.
Learn more about our attractive employee benefits, strong corporate culture, great work environment and many health and wellness offerings below.
Why join Inter Pipeline?
We recognize the importance of properly rewarding our employees by offering attractive employee benefits, including:
- Industry leading compensation packages
- An annual bonus program that recognizes high performing employees
- An attractive long-term incentive plan, offering every employee the chance to benefit from the organization’s long-term success
- An employee savings plan, that surpasses industry standards with exceptional company matching
- A culture that encourages work life balance, through flex days or compressed work weeks (depending on your location and role)
- Competitive and flexible medical, dental and wellness benefits beginning on day one of your employment
- A progressive and generous maternity and parental leave top-up that includes adoption and surrogacy
- A psychological benefit of up to $10,000 to use towards psychological counselling services for you and your eligible dependents
- A service awards program, beginning at your first five-year milestone
- Opportunities to have your educational assistance needs met with company-funding
- Year-round opportunities for community engagement and employee volunteering
We are fuelled by diverse and talented individuals who are open to change, and with the help of our employees, we’ve developed a culture with exciting challenges. Our culture is defined by our core values of honesty and integrity, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, and pursuit of excellence. In addition to our core values, leadership plays an integral part of our company’s success. Our Leadership Competency Framework acts as a tool to help us deliver against our business strategies, reinforce our core values, shape organizational culture and provide a consistent way to develop and promote successful leaders across Inter Pipeline.
Our corporate head office is located in the heart of downtown Calgary, close to the business core and natural attractions of Prince’s Island Park and the Bow River Pathway System. Our newly built space offers employees a great work environment which promotes physical and mental wellness. Inter Pipeline offers careers in many communities in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Whether you enjoy large city or small community living, there is a wide array of choice to suit your lifestyle. In each community where we operate, we are a proud corporate citizen and neighbour. We invite you to look at the office locations across the province and see which of them would best fit for your lifestyle and interests.
- Sherwood Park
- Fort McMurray
At Inter Pipeline, we view our employees in a holistic manner. The whole employee comes to work each day and we are committed to ensuring that they are supported in all life aspects to inspire an engaged, productive and healthy workforce. To promote and support a healthy workforce, Inter Pipeline has implemented a number of initiatives, including mental health training and wellness benefits further detailed below.
Mental Health Training
The Working Mind (TWM) is a mental health training initiative offered by the Mental Health Commission of Canada. TWM is designed to promote mental health and reduce stigma and discrimination regarding mental health in the work place.
The objectives of TWM training are to give managers the practical knowledge to:
- Support mental health and wellbeing of their employee
- Enable full productivity in all their employees
- Ensure the workplace is respectful and inclusive of all employees, including those with mental health challenges
- Reduce the stigma and discrimination around mental health
The objectives of TWM are to give employees:
- A more supportive environment
- Help to identify poor mental health in themselves and others
- Coping skills to manage stress and poor mental health, and increase resiliency
Inter Pipeline is committed to breaking down those barriers in the workplace by bringing TWM in-house, and providing it to all managers and employees.
Physical Health & Wellness
- Wellness/Fitness Centre – open 24/7 to encourage employees to stay active
- Regularly scheduled lunch hour classes such as Barre, Pilates or Bootcamp
- Yoga & meditation classes – to reduce stress and promote relaxation
- Fresh fruit – delivered twice a week, to promote healthy snacking
- A psychological benefit of up to $10,000 annually to use towards psychological counselling services for employees and their eligible dependents.
- A culture that encourages work life balance, through flex days or compressed work weeks (depending on work location and role)
- Pharmacogenetics – a ground-breaking benefit which, through a very quick genetic test, helps employees understand how their bodies metabolize various medicines. This ensures that employees and their doctor have the necessary information to prescribe the right drug, at the right dose. This benefit is available for permanent employees and their dependents.
Students and Recent Grads